Program Law and Regulations
Factory-built Housing Program
- California Law: The laws governing the Factory-built Housing Program are in the Health and Safety Code, Division 13, Part 6, Commencing with Section 19960. Part 6 is entitled the "California Factory-Built Housing Law."
- California Regulations: The Department's regulations adopted to interpret, clarify, or otherwise carry out the law are contained in the California Code of Regulations, Title 25, Division 1, Chapter 3, Subchapter 1, commencing with Section 3000. These regulations address such issues as:
- Requirements for Department insignia of approval, plan check and inspections
- Fees for Department insignia and services
- Design and fabrication requirements for factory-built housing
- Installation plan requirements
- Application requirements, qualification criteria and monitoring of approved city, county, and third party agencies (including local governments) providing inspection and design approval services.