Mobilehome Parks Program
Gas Distribution system Plan Requirements
The gas distribution system plans must contain at least the following information:
- If system is installed by a utility company, provide letter confirming such service and identify point of termination. (See Required Local Government and Utility Agency Approvals page)
- Indicate source of gas supply and pressure.
- Provide calculations for demand, and pipe sizes. California Code of Regulations, Title 25, Chapter 2, Section 1230.
- Indicate length of gas piping system runs, location of runs and shutoff valves in runs. Show size transition locations in runs. If adding to an existing system provide complete demand calculations with a single diagram of the existing and proposed system.
- Provide BTU demands of piping system.
- Provide schedule of pipe size, manufacturer and identification numbers of pipe, protective coating, wrapping of joints, and method of assembly.
- Detail mobilehome lot service riser, wrapping, type, manufacturer of gas shutoff valve, regulator and/or meter installation, supports, location and protective barrier, if required.
- If system is Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), indicate location and size of tank(s). LPG systems must comply with California Code of Regulations, Title 25, Chapter 2, Section 1210.
- If gas system is over eleven (11) inches, water column system shall be designed by a professional engineer.
- Comply with Federal Regulations by installation of a cathodic protection system (California Code of Regulations, Title 25, Chapter 2, Section 1206). A report indicating evidence of compliance with Federal Regulations Title 49, Parts 191 and 192 CCR Section 1206, shall be provided by qualified person prior to final of the gas system.