- The Center for Tobacco Policy & Organizing, a project of the American Lung Association in California.
- Technical Assistance Legal Center (TALC), a project of the Public Health Law & Policy.
- Understanding California’s New Smokefree Housing Law, a document provided by our funded agency, The Center for Tobacco Policy & Organizing. It provides an overview of Senate Bill 332, the new state smokefree housing law that was signed by the Governor in September 2011 and goes into effect on January 1, 2012. The new law makes it clear that landlords have the right to make their rental properties smokefree.
- There Is No Constitutional Right to Smoke, a document provided by our funded agency the Technical Assistance Legal Center (TALC)
- How Landlords Can Prohibit Smoking in Rental Housing (TALC), updated in June 2011.
- Creating Smokefree policies for Affordable Housing in California (TALC). This fact sheet explains how to engage key players to limit smoking in housing geared toward low-income residents.
- Becoming a Policy Wonk on Nonsmoking Housing Units Ordinances: Answers to Tough Questions from Opponents and Elected Officials (The Center for Tobacco Policy & Organizing).
- Matrix of Local Smokefree Housing Policies (The Center for Tobacco Policy & Organizing). Previously, we have sent you the October 2010 edition. Since then, twenty more policies have been adopted in California, for a total of 54 smokefree housing policies, therefore I am also sending you the updated November 2011 document. Several of the recent ordinances are very strong and require 100% nonsmoking units for all multi-unit housing in the jurisdiction.