Affordable Housing Innovation Program - Local Housing Trust Fund Program (LHTF)
Help finance local housing trust funds dedicated to the creation or preservation of affordable housing.
Matching grants (dollar-for-dollar) to local housing trust funds that are funded on an ongoing basis from private contributions or public sources that are not otherwise restricted in use for housing programs.
$8.1 million will go for matching grants to new local housing trusts created on or after September 30, 2006.
Maximum allocation, $2 million. Minimum allocation, $1 million. Applicants providing matching funds from sources other than impact fees on residential development will receive priority.
Loans for construction of rental housing projects with units restricted for at least 55 years to households earning less than 60 percent of area median income, and for downpayment assistance to qualified first-time homebuyers.
Cities, counties, and cities and counties with adopted housing elements that HCD has determined comply with housing element law, and charitable nonprofit organizations.
Steven Marshall at (916) 263-6115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guidelines to the February 26, 2014 Local Housing Trust Fund Program NOFA - (Microsoft Word)
- February 26, 2014 Local Housing Trust Fund Program NOFA – New LHTFs Only – (Microsoft Word)
- Amendment #1 to February 26, 2014 NOFA - (Microsoft Word)
- Frequently Asked Questions - (Adobe PDF)
- Local Housing Trust Fund Program Regulations - (Microsoft Word)
- Application for New Local Housing Trust Funds - (Microsoft Word)
- List of Applications received as of June 20, 2014 for the 2014 NOFA funding - (Adobe PDF)