Local Housing Trust Fund Program
Help finance local housing trust funds dedicated to the creation or preservation of affordable housing.
Matching grants (dollar-for-dollar) to local housing trust funds that are funded on an ongoing basis from private contributions or public sources that are not otherwise restricted in use for housing programs.
$5.4 million will go for matching grants to new local housing trusts created on or after September 30, 2006.
Maximum allocation, $2 million. Minimum allocation, $1 million. Applicants providing matching funds from sources other than impact fees on residential development will receive priority.
Loans for construction of rental housing projects with units restricted for at least 55 years to households earning less than 60 percent of area median income, and for downpayment assistance to qualified first-time homebuyers.
Cities, counties, and cities and counties with adopted housing elements that HCD has determined comply with housing element law, and charitable nonprofit organizations.
Ben Dudek at (916) 445-6508 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amendment to the July 8, 2011 Local Housing Trust Fund Program NOFA – (Adobe PDF)
- July 8, 2011 Local Housing Trust Fund Program NOFA – New LHTFs Only – (Adobe PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions - (Adobe PDF) Updated 2/1/2009
- Local Housing Trust Fund Program Regulations - (Microsoft Word)
- Local Housing Trust Fund Program NOFA Workshop Presentation - (Microsoft Power Point)
- Application for New Local Housing Trust Funds - (Microsoft Word)