Emergency Housing and Assistance Program Operating Facility Grants (EHAP)
Provide operating facility grants for emergency shelters, transitional housing projects, and supportive services for homeless individuals and families.
Each county receives a formula grant allocation. Twenty percent of the total allocation is available to non-urban counties, and eighty percent to urban counties.
Providing direct client housing, including facility operations and administration, residential rent assistance, leasing or renting rooms for provision of temporary shelter, capital development activities of up to $20,000 per site, and administration of the award (limited to 5 percent).
Local government agencies and nonprofit corporations that shelter the homeless on an emergency or transitional basis, and provide support services.
Applications are invited through Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs). In some counties, Designated Local Boards (DLBs) develop local strategies to allocate EHAP funding, and rate and recommend applications. Where no DLB exists, applications are submitted directly to HCD/EHAP. Check with EHAP staff to determine where applications should be sent.
(916) 263-2771 or email email@example.com
Subscribe to receive email alerts via LISTSERV (MAIL LIST)
- 2010 EHAP – Round 16 Notice of Funding Available (NOFA) (Adobe PDF)
- 2010 EHAP – Round 16 Application (Microsoft Word) or (Adobe PDF)
- Serving Selected Populations with EHAP Funding (Microsoft Word)
- EHAP Forms
- EHAP Designated Local Boards (DLBs)
- EHAP Regulations (Adobe PDF)
- 2010 EHAP - Round 16 - Group 1 (Non-Competitive County) Award Listing (Adobe PDF)
- 2010 EHAP Round 16 – Group 2 (Competitive Counties) Awards List (Adobe PDF)
- 2010 EHAP Round 16 – Group 3 (DLB) Awards List (Adobe PDF)