Current Emergency Housing Assistance Program Capital Development (EHAPCD)
Deferred Loan Information
EHAP Capital Development (EHAPCD) Activity Summary (02/12)
Current Funding Information for 2011-2012
Due to the passage of Proposition 1C (The Housing and Emergency Shelter Trust Fund Act of 2006) approximately $31 million in EHAP Capital Development funds was available for the fiscal year 2011-2012. These funds are a combination of the remainder of Proposition 46 funds and a portion of the funds available through Proposition 1C. These funds have been awarded as forgivable deferred loans for capital development to acquire, construct or rehabilitate sites for emergency shelters, transitional housing, and safe haven facilities for homeless persons.
- Notices and Publications
- 2011-2012 EHAPCD Award List - (Microsoft Word)
- 2011-2012 NOFA Preliminary Score Results - (Microsoft Word)
- 2011-2012 NOFA/Application Workshop PowerPoint Presentation - (Microsoft Powerpoint)
- 2011-2012 Statewide Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) - (Adobe PDF)
- 2011-2012 Application - (Microsoft Word)
- 2011-2012 Application Excel Attachments - (Microsoft Excel)
- Revised Payee Data Record, Std. 204 - (Adobe PDF)
- Applicable Regulations
- EHAP Program Regulations (rev.1995) - (Microsoft Word)
Previous Year's Publications
- 2010-2011 NOFA/Application Workshop PowerPoint Presentation – (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- 2010-2011 Statewide Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) - (Adobe PDF)
- 2010-2011 Application - (Microsoft Word)
- 2010-2011 Application Excel Attachments - (Microsoft Excel)
- Loan and Grant Committee - Information and Preparation Tips - (Microsoft Word)
Contracts Previously Awarded
June-September 2010 EHAPCD awards were made for $20,032,322
June-September 2008 EHAPCD awards were made for $27,023,268
June-September 2007 EHAPCD awards were made for $32,101,086
June-September 2006 EHAPCD awards were made for $26,763,208
June-September 2005 EHAPCD awards were made for $37,713,299
June-September 2004 EHAPCD awards were made for $39,322,776
June-September 2003 EHAPCD awards were made for $24,532,310
June-September 2002 EHAPCD awards were made for $31,000,000
Since the EHAP Capital Development funds are released per EHAP Regulations in the form of a deferred loan, the program’s statutes require security in the project site. Please refer to the bullets below: Standard Agreement template, sample escrow instructions, security documents, leasehold interest requirements, report forms, and the Request for Disbursement form.
- Standard Agreement 2010-2011 Template - (Adobe PDF)
A sample of the development contract that existing EHAPCD awardees have executed with the State is provided for your review.
- EHAPCD BID Procedure Guidelines (Part #1) - (Adobe PDF)
- EHAPCD Successful Bidder Forms (Part #2) - (Adobe PDF)
Construction and rehabilitation projects in excess of $25,000 that are to be funded with EHAPCD financing should follow the EHAPCD Bid Procedure Guidelines. Departmental review of the completed bid process is required. This package also contains the details about prevailing wage requirements that were effective January 1, 2002, and must also be adhered to.
- Sample Escrow Instructions - (Adobe PDF)
Note that projects under major construction will require evidence of Builders Risk and General Liability Insurance prior to escrow closure. For all other project types, evidence of Hazard Insurance is required for replacement cost as a minimum or to cover the total borrowed on the project. Proof of insurance must name the Department of Housing and Community Development as an insured.
- Sample Escrow Documents (Adobe PDF)
- Sample Promissory Note
- Sample Deed of Trust
- Sample Regulatory Agreement
- Sample Development Agreement – For construction only
- Request for Notice of Default
- Sample Lease Rider – If Applicable. Note that a recorded Ground Lease or Lease Memorandum is required either prior to or through the EHAPCD escrow process.
- Sample Subordination Agreement
- Sample Certificate of Corporation – (Adobe PDF) – Note that a Certificate of Corporation is not needed if Borrower is a City or County Agency
- Reporting Forms - (Microsoft Word)
- New RFF Form - (Microsoft Word)
Request for Funds form is used to initially request funds from the State Controller's Office. Submission of the following original documents is required when requesting funds: an executed Request for Funds form, a Designated Payee Authorization Letter, on organization letterhead stationery, and a STD. 204 Payee Data Record, identifying the escrow/title company. When the warrant is available it will be sent to the organizations escrow/title company with instructions to deposit into an interest bearing, federally insured escrow account, if applicable.
- New RFD Form - (Microsoft Excel)
Original, executed Request for Disbursement form should be submitted with invoices or other detailed supporting documentation specified by the Department for each draw request.
- New RFD Instructions - (Adobe PDF)
EHAPCD's Contact List
- Rebecca Matt
Have general questions? Contact:
- Office FAX: (916) 323-6016
Have Technical questions or need assistance with your EHAPCD application? Contact: