Emergency Housing and Assistance Program Capital Development (EHAPCD)Program Publications
Fund capital development activities for emergency shelters, transitional housing, and safe havens that provide shelter and supportive services for homeless individuals and families.
Deferred payment loans at 3 percent simple interest, forgiven when loan term is complete. Term ranges from 5 to 10 years based on the development activity.
Competitive application process announced annually via a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA). 80 percent of the total allocation is available to urban counties, and 20 percent to non-urban counties.
Acquiring, constructing, converting, expanding and/or rehabilitating emergency shelter, transitional housing, and/or safe haven housing and administration of the award (limited to 5 percent).
Local government agencies and nonprofit corporations that shelter the homeless on an emergency or transitional basis, and provide support services.
When funds are available, applications are invited through issuance of Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs). In some counties, Designated Local Boards (DLBs) develop local capital development priorities and advise HCD on the relative merits of applications in their counties. Applications are rated and ranked competitively when the demand for funds is greater than the annual allocation. HCD enters into Standard Agreements with the sponsors of successful applications.
Current Funding Information for 2011-12
- 2011-2012 EHAPCD Award List - (Microsoft Word)
- 2011-2012 NOFA Preliminary Score Results (Microsoft Word)
- 2011-2012 Statewide Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) (Adobe PDF)
- 2011-2012 Application (Microsoft Word)
- 2011-2012 Application Excel Attachments (Microsoft Excel)
- 2011-2012 Workshop/NOFA Questions and Answers (Adobe PDF)
- Serving Selected Populations With EHAP Funding (Microsoft Word)
- List of Counties with Designated Local Boards (DLBs) - EHAP and EHAPCD
- Current EHAP Capital Development Deferred Loan Information