Federal Emergency Shelter Grant (FESG) Program
Fund emergency shelters, services and transitional housing for homeless individuals and families.
HCD through FESG distributes federal Emergency Shelter Grant funds to shelter providers throughout the State.
Facility operating and maintenance costs including rent, equipment, utilities, furnishings, security services, and food for shelter residents.
Local government agencies and nonprofit organizations in communities that do not receive shelter funds directly from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Local nonprofit shelter and service organizations may also receive funds as service providers working in cooperation with local government agency applicants.
HUD allocates funds to the state to the FESG program, a Notice of Funding Availability, (NOFA) is advertised and applications are submitted for funds that will be available to award recipients.
- 2014 FESG Supplemental
- State FESG Regulations - Final Text - July 12, 2004 (Adobe PDF)
- FESG Federal Regulations (Microsoft Word) or (Adobe PDF)
- FESG Federal Statute (Microsoft Word) or (Adobe PDF)
- FESG Forms
- Budget Revision Request (Microsoft Word)
- Certificate of Completion (Microsoft Word)
- Equipment Request (Microsoft Excel)
- FESG Monthly Progress Report (Microsoft Excel)
- FESG Supplemental Eligible Expenses (2014) (Microsoft Word)
- FESG Timesheet (Microsoft Excel)
- Instructions for Completing the FESG Program Activity Report (PAR) (Microsoft Word)
- PAR and Expenditure Detail Report (Microsoft Excel)