Federal Emergency Shelter Grant (FESG) Program
Fund emergency shelters, services and transitional housing for homeless individuals and families.
HCD through FESG distributes federal Emergency Shelter Grant funds to shelter providers throughout the State.
Facility maintenance, operating costs, rent; essential services such as transportation, life skills, legal aid, and counseling; used to move the homeless into permanent housing and transition to independent living. Renovation and Rehabilitation funds are also available.
Local government agencies and nonprofit organizations in communities that do not receive shelter funds directly from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Local nonprofit shelter and service organizations may also receive funds as service providers working in cooperation with local government agency applicants.
HUD allocates funds to the state to the FESG program, a Notice of Funding Availability, (NOFA) is advertised and applications are submitted for funds that will be available to award recipients October 1.
- 2014 FESG Supplemental
- State FESG Regulations - Final Text - July 12, 2004 (Adobe PDF)
- FESG Federal Regulations (Microsoft Word) or (Adobe PDF)
- FESG Federal Statute (Microsoft Word) or (Adobe PDF)
- FESG Forms
- Annual Performance Report and Instructions (Microsoft Word)
- Budget Revision Request (Microsoft Word)
- Certificate of Completion (Microsoft Word)
- Detailed Breakdown of Staff Costs (Microsoft Word)
- Equipment Request (Microsoft Excel)
- FESG Monthly Progress Report (Microsoft Excel)
- FESG Supplemental Eligible Expenses (2014) (Microsoft Word)
- FESG Timesheet (Microsoft Excel)
- Instructions for Completing the FESG Program Activity Report (PAR) (Microsoft Word)
- PAR and Expenditure Detail Report (Microsoft Excel)
- Quarterly Report (Microsoft Excel)
- Summary of Non-Staff Project Costs (Microsoft Word)
- 2011 FESG
- Draft Substantial Amendment to the 2011-12 State Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program Annual Plan
This Substantial amendment concerns the allocation of ESG 2011-12 Round II funds. Public comments on the Draft Substantial Amendment must be received by May 1, 2012. Please see the attached public notice for information on how to submit public comments.
- Public Notice for ESG Substantial Amendment to 2011-2012 Annual Plan
- Draft Substantial Amendment to the 2011-12 State Emergency Solutions Grant Program Annual Plan - (Adobe PDF)
- Current FESG Operating Facilities Grant Information
- FESG 2011 Round I Awards List (Adobe PDF)
- 2011 FESG Application Workshop PowerPoint Presentation (PowerPoint)
- 2011 FESG NOFA (Adobe PDF)
- 2011 FESG Application (Microsoft Word)
- 2011 FESG Application Errata Sheet #1 dated 8-4-11 (Adobe PDF)
- 2011 FESG Application Errata Sheet #2 dated 8/15/2011 – (Microsoft Word)
- Memo 2011 FESG Application Errata Sheet #2 dated 8/15/2011 – (Adobe PDF)
- Federal Emergency Shelter Grant Eligible Expenses - (Microsoft Word)
- FESG 2011 Grant Management Manual - (Microsoft Word)
- FESG 2011 Web-based Grant Management Training - (Microsoft PowerPoint)