HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME)
Links to program publications are shown following the program description.
Assist cities, counties and nonprofit community housing development organizations (CHDOs) to create and retain affordable housing.
Grants to cities and counties; low-interest loans to state-certified CHDOs operating in state-eligible jurisdictions.
See the Current NOFA
At least 50 percent of funds will be awarded to rural applicants.
Most assistance is in the form of loans by city and county recipients to project developers, to be repaid to local HOME accounts for reuse.
Rental developments are subject to terms contained in the Uniform Multifamily Regulations (UMRs), Title 25 commencing with section 8300 – 8316. (Adobe PDF)
A minimum of 15 percent of total state HOME funds are set aside for CHDOs.
Housing rehabilitation, new construction, and acquisition and rehabilitation, for both single-family and multifamily projects, and predevelopment loans by CHDOs. All activities must benefit lower-income renters or owners.
Cities and counties that do not receive HOME funds directly from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); current state-certified nonprofit Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) proposing activities in eligible communities.
Applications are invited through issuance of Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs).
(916) 263-2939 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HCD STATE RECIPIENT REPRESENTATIVES BY COUNTY
Map of California, showing HCD Representatives by County, (with Phone Numbers and e-mail addresses)
- State Recipient Rental Project Representative Map (Adobe PDF)
- State Recipient Program Representative Map (Adobe PDF) Revised (8/2013)
DROUGHT ASSISTANCE PUBLIC COMMENT OPPORTUNITY
- 2013-14 Action Plan Substantial Amendment(s)
- HOME Public Notice - English (NEW 4/9/2014)
- HOME Public Notice - Spanish (NEW 4/9/2014)
- HOME Substantial Amendment to the 2013-14 Annual Action Plan Update to the 2010-2015 Consolidated Plan (NEW 4/9/2014)
Contract Management Manual
CONTRACT MANAGEMENT MANUAL - Revisions have been made to the following chapters:
- State Recipient Rental Project Long-Term Monitoring (Chapter XI)
- Relocation (Chapter VII)
- Close-out Monitoring (Chapter X)
HOME MONITORING/ASSET MANAGEMENT
- HOME Final Rule
- HOME State Regulations Amended through 10/10/2012 (Adobe PDF)
- Consolidated Plan, Annual, CAPER
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
- Fair Housing Trainings
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program - CPD - HUD
- HOME Program CHDO Certification/Recertification
- Monthly Project Status Report Form Revised July 8, 2008 (Microsoft Word)
- HOME Match Calculation Tool — Instructions (Microsoft Word)
- HOME Match Calculation Tool (Microsoft Excel)
- Management Memorandums
- Uniform Multifamily Regulations
- Fiscal Forms
- CHDO Statement of Assurances Relating to State Prevailing Wage Compliance (Adobe PDF)
- HUD CPD Notices
- A Contractor's Guide to Prevailing Wage Requirements for Federally-Assisted Construction Projects (Adobe PDF)
- Labor Standards Administration and Enforcement Guidelines for HUD Participants
- Department of Labor
- Davis Bacon (DOL) General Wage Decision
- Contractors State License Board
- Department of Industrial Relations