Enable low and very-low income households to become or remain homeowners.
Grants to local public agencies and nonprofit developers to assist individual households through deferred-payment loans. Direct, forgivable loans to assist development projects involving multiple ownership units, including single-family subdivisions.
Note: CalHome does not loan directly to individuals.
- 2016 CalHome Disaster Assistance NOFA for the 2015 Butte and Valley Wildfires - NEW
- CalHome 2014 NOFA – (Adobe PDF)
- CalHome 2014 NOFA Workshop PowerPoint – (Adobe PDF)
- CalHome 2014 Application Workshop Notice and RSVP – (Adobe PDF)
- CalHome 2014 Application for Mortgage Assistance and Rehabilitation – (Microsoft Word)
- CalHome 2014 Application for Manufactured Home Set Aside – (Microsoft Word)
- CalHome 2014 Application Training Manual – (Adobe PDF)
Grants to local public agencies or nonprofit corporations for first-time homebuyer downpayment assistance, home rehabilitation, including manufactured homes not on permanent foundations, acquisition and rehabilitation, homebuyer counseling, self-help mortgage assistance programs, or technical assistance for self-help homeownership. All funds to individual homeowners will be in the form of loans.
Loans for real property acquisition, site development, predevelopment, construction period expenses of homeownership development projects, or permanent financing for mutual housing and cooperative developments. Project loans to developers may be forgiven as developers make deferred payment loans to individual homeowners.
Assistance to individual households will be in the form of deferred-payment loans, payable on sale or transfer of the homes, or when they cease to be owner-occupied, or at maturity.
Predevelopment, site development, and site acquisition for development projects. Rehabilitation, and acquisition and rehabilitation, of site-built housing, and rehabilitation, repair and replacement of manufactured homes. Downpayment assistance, mortgage financing, homebuyer counseling, and technical assistance for self-help.
Local public agencies and nonprofit corporations.
- 2016 CalHome Disaster NOFA Application for Manufacture Housing *New* – (Adobe PDF)
- 2016 CalHome Disaster NOFA Application for Mortgage Assistance and/or Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation *New* – (Adobe PDF)