HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME)
*New* Proposed Uniform Multifamily Regulation Changes
Links to program publications are shown following the program description.
Proposed Regulation Changes to the HOME Program
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Department of Housing and Community Development (Department) proposes to formally amend regulations which govern implementation of the Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME). The existing regulations are codified in Title 25, Division 1, Chapter 7, Subchapter 17, Sections 8200-8220 of the California Code of Regulations.
The purpose of the Regulations changes is to allow the state to carry out its own HOME Program in order to allow affordable housing projects to be built to serve the California Native American Tribes.
Any interested person, or his or her authorized representative, may submit written comments relevant to the proposed regulatory action to the Department. The written comment period begins January 22, 2016 and closes at 5:00 p.m. on March 7, 2016. The Department will consider comments received during this timeframe. Written comments may be submitted through this online form.
HCD will host a public hearing on March 7th, from 1-4pm, at 2020 West El Camino, Room 402, Sacramento. Please review the below documents for more information on the proposed changes and the public hearing:
- Initial Statement of Reasoning - (Microsoft Word)
- Proposed Regulation Text - (Adobe PDF)
- Notice of Addition of Documents and Information to Rulemaking File - (Microsoft Word)
- Notice of Modifications to Text of Proposed Regulations - (Microsoft Word)
Assist cities, counties and nonprofit community housing development organizations (CHDOs) to create and retain affordable housing.
Grants to cities and counties; low-interest loans to state-certified CHDOs operating in state-eligible jurisdictions.
See the Current NOFA
At least 50 percent of funds will be awarded to rural applicants.
Most assistance is in the form of loans by city and county recipients to project developers, to be repaid to local HOME accounts for reuse.
Rental developments are subject to terms contained in the Uniform Multifamily Regulations (UMRs), Title 25 commencing with section 8300 – 8316 (Adobe PDF).
A minimum of 15 percent of total state HOME funds are set aside for CHDOs.
Housing rehabilitation, new construction, and acquisition and rehabilitation, for both single-family and multifamily projects, and predevelopment loans by CHDOs. All activities must benefit lower-income renters or owners.
Cities and counties that do not receive HOME funds directly from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); current state-certified nonprofit Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) proposing activities in eligible communities.
Applications are invited through issuance of Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs).
(916) 263-2939 or email@example.com
HCD STATE RECIPIENT REPRESENTATIVES BY COUNTY
Map of California, showing HCD Representatives by County, (with Phone Numbers and e-mail addresses)
- State Recipient Rental Project Representative Map – (Adobe PDF)
- State Recipient Program Representative Map – (Adobe PDF) Revised (8/2013)
See the 2014 HOME Drought NOFA
APPLICATION SCORES2015 Application Scores – (Microsoft Excel)
Contract Management Manual
CONTRACT MANAGEMENT MANUAL - Revisions have been made to the following chapters:
- State Recipient Rental Project Long-Term Monitoring (Chapter XI)
- Relocation (Chapter VII)
- Close-out Monitoring (Chapter X)
HOME MONITORING/ASSET MANAGEMENT
- HOME Final Rule
- HOME State Regulations Amended through 10/10/2012 – (Adobe PDF)
- Consolidated Plan, Annual, CAPER
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
- Fair Housing Trainings
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program - CPD - HUD
- HOME Program CHDO Certification/Recertification
- Monthly Project Status Report Form Revised July 8, 2008 – (Microsoft Word)
- HOME Match Calculation Tool — Instructions – (Microsoft Word)
- HOME Match Calculation Tool – (Microsoft Excel)
- Management Memorandums
- Uniform Multifamily Regulations
- Fiscal Forms
- CHDO Statement of Assurances Relating to State Prevailing Wage Compliance – (Adobe PDF)
- HUD CPD Notices
- A Contractor's Guide to Prevailing Wage Requirements for Federally-Assisted Construction Projects – (Adobe PDF)
- Labor Standards Administration and Enforcement Guidelines for HUD Participants
- Department of Labor
- Davis Bacon (DOL) General Wage Decision
- Contractors State License Board
- Department of Industrial Relations