Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Housing Program
Links to program publications are shown following the program description
- Round 3 Award List (Adobe PDF)
- Round 3 Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) - Transit Oriented Development Housing Program (TOD) Awards - FY 2013-14 (Adobe PDF)
- IIG and TOD Programs Disbursement Extensions
- May 14, 2013 TOD NOFA (Adobe PDF)
- Final TOD Guidelines (Rev. 05-10-13) (Adobe PDF)
- 3rd Round NOFA Application Materials
- 3rd NOFA Application Workshops (Adobe PDF)
- Requirements for TOD Loan Disbursement Deadline Extensions (Adobe PDF)
- Amendment to TOD Program Guidelines – Disbursement Extensions (Adobe PDF)
- Infill Infrastructure Grant Program NOFA Amendment and TOD Housing Program Guidelines Amendment (Adobe PDF)
- 2009 NOFA Application Workshops (Adobe PDF)
- February 4, 2009 NOFA and Guidelines
- Second Round NOFA Application Documents
Under the program, low-interest loans are available as gap financing for rental housing developments that include affordable units, and as mortgage assistance for homeownership developments. In addition, grants are available to cities, counties, and transit agencies for infrastructure improvements necessary for the development of specified housing developments, or to facilitate connections between these developments and the transit station.
Loans and Grants
Maximum Program loan or grant, or combination of the two, for a single Housing Development or for a single housing developer applicant, including any affiliates of such applicant, shall be limited to $17 million per funding round. The total maximum amount of Program assistance for applications based on a single Qualifying Transit Station and all awards of Program funds over the life of the Program shall be $50 million.
Loans for the development and construction of housing development projects within one-quarter mile of a transit station. Grants for the provision of infrastructure necessary for the development of higher density uses within one-quarter mile of a transit station. Refer to TOD Guidelines for complete description of eligible activities.
Cities, cities and counties, transit agencies, developers, and redevelopment agencies.
Applications are invited through the issuance of Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs)
(916) 324-1555 or email to: email@example.com
- February 4, 2009 NOFA Guidelines and Application
- Revised Transit Station List – TOD Housing Program Guidelines (Section 103(a)(3)(A)) – (Adobe PDF)
- Appendix A of Research Summary (literature summary) – (Adobe PDF)
- Proposed NOFA and Draft Guideline Changes (Rev. 4/4/13) (Adobe PDF)
- Attachment 1: Draft IIG Guidelines (Rev. 4/4/13) (Adobe PDF)
- Attachment 2: Draft TOD Guidelines (Rev. 4/4/13) (Adobe PDF)