Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME)
- Assistance Type and Terms
- Eligible Activities and Applicants
- Application Procedure
- CHDO Certification/Recertification
- Recipient Representatives by County
- New! Map of HOME Contract Management Representatives (By County)
- Contract Management Manual
- 5-Dec-16: NOFA Issuance ($26 million)
- 2-February-17: Application Deadline
- Awards Announced: Programs, May 2017
Assist cities, counties, developers, including Native American Entities, and nonprofit community housing development organizations (CHDOs) to create and retain affordable housing.
Grants to cities and counties; low-interest loans to developers, including Native Americean Entities and state-certified CHDOs operating in State-eligible jurisdictions.
At least 50 percent of funds will be awarded to rural applicants.
Most assistance is in the form of loans by city and county recipients to project developers to be repaid to local HOME accounts for reuse.
Rental developments are subject to terms contained in the Uniform Multifamily Regulations (UMRs), Title 25, commencing with section 8300. A minimum of 15 percent of total State HOME funds are set aside for CHDOs.
Housing rehabilitation, new construction, and acquisition and rehabilitation, for both single-family and multifamily projects, and predevelopment loans to CHDOs. All activities must benefit lower-income renters or owners.
Cities and counties that do not receive HOME funds directly from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); developers, including Native Americean Entities and current State-certified nonprofit Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) proposing activities in eligible communities.
- HOME Program CHDO Certification Application (DOC)
- State Regulations Governing CHDO Certification -- Title 25 CCR, Section 8204.1 (PDF)
- HOME Program CHDO List (PDF)
- HOME State Regulations (DOC)
Uniform Multifamily Regulation
The Uniform Multifamily Regulations apply to HOME projects receiving awards after September 29, 2003. Check the Uniform Multifamily Regulation page for more information.
See below maps of California showing HOME Representatives by County (with Phone Numbers and e-mail addresses).
HOME Contract Management Representatives Map (PDF) Revised 7/2018
The Contract Management Manual is intended to assist our contractors. However, if any part of this document is in conflict with the fully executed Standard Agreement, the State HOME Regulations or the Federal HOME Regulations, those documents shall prevail.
For answers to our most frequently asked questions, please review our HOME FAQ (PDF)
- HOME Final Rule (TPL)
- December 2016 HOME NOFA (PDF)
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program CPD - HUD
- Income Calculation and Determination Guide for Federal Programs
- HOME FTHB Subsidy Calculation Worksheet (XLS) - Revised 06/13
- HOME OOR Rehab Grant Calculation Worksheet (XLS) - Revised 06/18
- HOME Match Calculation Tool Instructions (DOC)
- HOME Match Calculation Tool (XLS)
- Management Memorandums
- CHDO Statement of Assurances Relating to State Prevailing Wage Compliance (PDF)
- HA Contractor's Guide to Prevailing Wage Requirements for Federally-Assisted Construction Projects
- HUD CPD Notices
- Most recent HOME NOFAs - Contains deadlines for submitting CHDO Certification Applications (Section III of the NOFA) and the list of Eligible State HOME Jurisdictions (Appendix A)
- Federal CHDO Definition - 24 CFR Part 92.2 (DOC)
- State Regulations Governing CHDO Certification - Title 25 CCR, Section 8204.1 (PDF)
- Monthly Project Status Report Form Revised November 2016 – (DOC)
Forms & Manuals
- HOME-2—Quarterly Performance Report - Revised 4/2013 (XLS)
- HOME-2A—Quarterly Program Income Statement Report – Revised 10/2013 (XLS)
- HOME-3—Project Funding Source Detail Listing - Revised 6/12/09 (DOC)
- HOME-3A—County Code Listing - Revised 10/29/09 (DOC)
- HOME-4—Administrative Drawdown Request - Revised 12/11/14 (DOC)
- HOME-5—Project Drawdown Request - Revised 1/29/14 (DOC)
- HOME-6—Homeownership Project Set-Up and Completion Report - Revised 12/11/14 (XLS)
- HOME-7—Homeownership Assistance Rental Housing Project Set-up Report - Revised 1/29/14 (DOC)
- HOME-8—Tenant Based Rental Assistance Project Set-up Report - Revised 6/19/15 (XLS)
- HOME-10—FTHB Project Set-Up/Completion Report - Revised 12/11/14 (XLS)
- HOME-11—Rental Project Set-Up/Completion Report - Revised 4/27/2018 (XLS)
- HOME Contract Management Manual
- HUD CHDO Web Page (PDF)
Note: HUD’s information addresses the federal CHDO definition and other requirements but does not address the State regulation requirements.