All Rental Projects’ Reporting Requirements
Each rental project is governed by the rules in place at the time the funds were awarded or at the time the program came under the Uniform Multifamily Regulations through code, regulation, or guidelines, and by the rules governing any subsequent awards or transactions. Each program is slightly different; however, there are some requirements that apply to all rental projects. All rental projects are required to submit the following documents, reports, and schedules via e-mail.
- Annual Operating Budgets* (XLS) and Schedules of Rental Income (XLSM) no more than 60 days before the beginning of the fiscal year;
- Schedule of Rental Income (SRI) Workshop Presentation (PDF)
- Occupancy Standards Exceptions Checklist (PDF) - If applicable, the Occupancy Standards Exceptions Checklist should be filled out once, at the beginning of the allowable exception. The checklist should be kept in the tenant file and available for inspection during HCD monitoring site visits. Each year with the Schedule of Rental Income, for as long as the exception remains valid, the sponsor shall enter comments for the unit(s) in the AR column on tab 2 of the SRI indicating that an Occupancy Standards Exceptions Checklist has been approved and is on file. Please contact your assigned Occupancy Representative with any questions.
- Annual Reports (XLS) no later than 60 days (for CHRP-R, CALDAP. DPRLP, DDS, MPRROP, SUHRP, and SERA) or no later than 90 days (for all other programs) after the end of the fiscal year. Projects required to submit audited financial statements are not required to submit fiscal annual report forms but must submit the audited financial statement within 90 days of the end of the fiscal year. The instructions for this report contain program-specific additional requirements;
- Programs listed in the Audited Financial Statements Handbook (PDF) require audited financial statements, and all projects that have been restructured under the Housing Loan Conversion Program (HLCP) or the Loan Portfolio Restructuring Program (LPRP) are required to submit audited financial statements;
- Evidence of annual renewal certificates of required insurance (PDF) prior to expiration of coverage must be submitted annually to your AMC representative. If the project is involved in a restructuring or refinancing transaction, or if there is a new project owner, or if the insurance agent/broker changes at any time during the year, the Insurance Guidelines Checklist - (DOC) must be included.
- Reserve Withdrawal Requests (XLS) are due no later than 45 days after the fiscal year in which the expenses were incurred and prior to withdrawing funds. Refer to the Replacement Reserve Guidelines (PDF) for additional information. Requests must be submitted to your AMC representative.
*Annual report forms are also available as separate documents as follows: Checklist and Certification (XLS), AMC 182—Reserve and Other Account Balances (XLS), AMC 184—Sponsor’s Project Rating (XLS), CHRP-R/SUHRP 183—Interest Payment Summary (XLS), and CHRP-R/SUHRP 184—Occupancy and Rent Schedule (XLS).
Check Grants and Funding Program Forms across all programs for more information.
Site Visit Compliance Monitoring
In addition to collecting annual report information, the Department also monitors rental projects by conducting routine physical site inspections, which includes but is not limited to an examination of tenant files, unit conditions, property standards (common areas, exterior conditions), as well as review of the Management Plan and/or Property Management Agreement. The goal of the site visit process is to ensure that each rental project adheres to the program regulations and terms of the regulatory agreement.
- 2017 Site Visit Priority List (XLS)
- 2018 Site Visit Priority List (XLS)
- 2019 Site Visit Priority List (XLS)
Due during the loan closing process or at the time of requesting a project management change. Please contact your Occupancy Representative with any questions.
- AMC-186 – Project Closing Report (XLS)
- Proposal for Management Agent (PDF)
- Management Contract and Contract Checklist (PDF)
- Management Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Appeal and Grievance procedure (PDF)
Program-Specific Compliance Requirements
In addition to the requirements for All Rental Housing Projects, the following program-specific requirements must also be met:
- Race/Ethnic Data Collection - HUD Form 27061-H (DOC)
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure Form (DOC)
- Affirmative Action Marketing Analysis Report (AAMAR)–Tab 11 of Annual Report Table (XLS)
- Sample -- AFHMP (PDF) -- prepared by HOME based on a project-specific example provided by HUD. Although the names, locations, and other identifying information appear to be real, they are fictitious. This sample is provided to illustrate the expected level of detail required.] This form must be submitted every five years.
State Recipients who made loans to HOME rental projects have their own long-term monitoring requirements. Resources are available here to assist SRs in their monitoring efforts, including Income Calculation Guide, required forms, and sample checklists, letters, and other documents.
- Annual Affirmative Marketing Analysis Report – for owner/agent completion (XLS)
- Sample (PDF)
- Race/Ethnic Data Collection - HUD Form 27061-H (DOC)
Sample Monitoring Checklists
- Sample "Tenant File Review" Checklist (DOC)
- Sample "Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing" Checklist (DOC)
- Sample "Exterior, Grounds, Public Areas" Checklist (DOC)
- Sample "Unit Inspection" Checklist (revised January 2009) (DOC)
- HUD Unit Inspection Checklist (HUD Form 52580-A) (PDF)
- Sample "Site Visit Notification" Letter (DOC) (revised Sept 2007)
- Sample Monitoring "Summary" Letter (DOC)
- Sample Monitoring "Clearance" Letter (DOC)
- Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan (AFHMP) HUD Form 935.2a (PDF)
- Sample - AFHMP Note: This sample AFHMP was prepared by HOME based on a project-specific example provided by HUD. Although the names, locations and other identifying information appear to be real, they are fictitious. This sample is provided to illustrate expected level of detail required. (PDF)
- Sample Outline of Monitoring Policies and Procedures (DOC)
- Lead Based Paint Disclosure Form (DOC)
- Federal Rent and Income Limit Basics (XLS)
- Combining Tax Credits and HOME (DOC) (Rev. January 2013)
Long-Term Monitoring of State Recipients
- Annual Monitoring Report (DOC) for rental properties with 5 or more total units (Questionnaire for SR completion) (effective January 2013)
- Annual Monitoring Report (DOC) for rental properties with 1-4 total units (Questionnaire for SR completion) (effective September 2011)
- Physical Condition Report (XLS) for all HOME-assisted rental properties (Report for SR completion) (effective January 2011)
- Annual Project Compliance Report (DOC) – Rental Housing for properties with 5 or more total units (for owner/agent completion) (revised January 2009)
- Annual Project Compliance Report (DOC) – Rental Housing for properties with 1-4 total units (for owner/agent completion) (effective January 2011)
- Instructions - Annual Project Compliance Report (DOC) (revised January 2009)
- Completed Sample of the Annual Project Compliance Report (DOC) (revised January 2009)
- AMC 187 - Special Needs Populations, Homeless Youth and Governors Homeless Initiative Report (XLS) (must be submitted if project requires any units to be restricted to Special Needs Populations, Homeless Youth, or if Governor's Homeless Initiative units are identified in Exhibit B of the HCD Regulatory Agreement): MHP, GHI, HYMHP
- MHP Lease Addendum (DOC) (Must be attached as an addendum to all Assisted Unit rental agreements whenever the lease addendum is modified): MHP, MHPDRP, GHI, HYMHP, SHMHP
- Third-Party Homeless Verification form (DOC): MHP, GHI, HYMHP, SHMHP
- Third-Party Disability Verification for Supportive Housing Projects (DOC): MHP, GHI, HYMHP, SHMHP
- AMC 185 - Supportive Housing Report (XLS) (must be submitted if Supportive Housing units are identified in Exhibit B of the HCD Regulatory Agreement): SHMHP
- Schedule of Rental Income (XLS) refer to the "MHP" Income and Rent Limits: SHMHP, GHI, HYMHP, TOD, FMTW, MHPDRP