Raising the Roof- California Housing Development Projections and Constraints 1997-2020
Secretary Maria Contreras-Sweet of the Business, Transportation and Housing Agency on May 19, 2000 announced the availability of the publication, Raising the Roof, California's Housing Development Projections and Constraints, 1997-2020.
This publication represents an update of the California Statewide Housing Plan (CSHP), undertaken to facilitate efforts addressing this State housing goal. Updates of the CSHP are published by the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 50450 et. seq., in phases. This update and the prior one provide perspective on the State's housing needs for subsequent policy development.
This update takes a county-by-county look at California's projected housing needs through the year 2020, the constraints to meeting those needs, and the possible consequences of not meeting them.
The document is comprised of two volumes. Volume One is the main report, divided into seven chapters. Volume Two is the Appendix containing several appendices, in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
Volume One - Report
- Introduction/ Executive Summary
- California's Housing Projection Needs, 1997-2020
- Land and Site Constraints
- Regulatory Constraints
- Capital Constraints
- Past and Future Housing Shortfalls
Volume Two - Appendix
- 1990 Headship Rates by County, Race, and Age
- 1990 Homeownership Rates by County and Race
- Alternative Headship Rates by County, Race, and Age
- Household Projections based on Alternative Headship Rates
- Land Supply Analysis: Summary of Map Layers and Data Sources
- Explanation of Endangered Species Rating System
- Results of Infill Regression Models
- Housing Construction and Rehabilitation Activity Undertaken by Local Redevelopment Agencies: 1988-1996
- UCB/HCD Growth Management Survey
- Tabulation of UCB/HCD Growth Management Survey Results
- Single-family Case Studies
- Multi-family Case Studies
- Housing Shortfall vs. Housing Price Regression Models
- Housing Market Indicators for Selected U.S. Metropolitan Areas:1980, 1990, 1991
- Housing Production Regression Models