Technical Assistance to Improve the Delivery of Homelessness Programs
- Background Information
- Eligible Recipients
- Technical Assistance Activities
- HCD Technical Assistance Consultants
- Workshop Presentation, Webinar, and FAQs
HCD is offering technical assistance to California counties and Continuums of Care (CoCs) to enhance, develop, build capacity, or improve the design and the delivery of programs and services for people experiencing homelessness. Using an on-demand response model, HCD will deploy consultants to provide more than13,000 hours of assistance, at no cost to the jurisdictions. HCD will evaluate each technical assistance request based on its unique circumstances and challenges. Once selected, eligible recipients may receive:
- In depth remote or on-site assistance from a dedicated expert homelessness consultant.
- Information on "how to guides" through online resources, toolkits, and FAQs.
- Interactive training and knowledge-building through online courses or webinars, regional workshops and peer to peer learning.
Who is Eligible?
California counties and COCs that are eligible for either or both of the following programs:
What Type of Technical Assistance is Available?
for Housing First
for Housing Stability
How Can I Access Technical Assistance?
Step 1. Request technical assistance using buttons above.
Step 2. HCD staff will review and approve or disapprove your request*. HCD staff may contact you to clarify any information submitted in your request.
Step 3. If approved, HCD's technical assistance consultant will contact you and provide the assistance.
*Once you submit your request, HCD will respond within one to two weeks, depending on the complexity and breadth of your request.
Who are the Selected Technical Assistance Consultants?
Three expert consulting firms have been selected and contracted to provide this assistance, each with a distinct specialty and expertise:
- Technical Assistance Collaborative, Inc. (TAC) will help jurisdictions to build capacity to more effectively assist people experiencing homelessness;
- Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH) will assist jurisdictions with providing housing stability; and
- The Center for Common Concerns (Home Base) will help jurisdictions advance Housing First principles.
Workshop Presentation, Webinar, and FAQs
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Technical Assistance Open House Presentation (PDF)
- Webinar Recording (YouTube)
Questions on the available technical assistance opportunities can be directed to HomelessnessTA@hcd.ca.gov.