Manufactured and Mobilehomes
HCD manages the titling and registration for mobilehomes, manufactured homes, commercial modulars, floating homes, and truck campers. HCD also protects families and individuals who live in mobilehomes by inspecting mobilehome parks for health and safety violations in areas where the local government has not assumed enforcement. HCD further protects consumers by enforcing regulations for those who build and sell manufactured homes.
If you need in-person assistance, please visit us at one of our Division offices.
Servicios bilingüe son disponible. Para hablar con un representante en español, por favor llame al numero (800) 952-8356 y pregunte por un intérprete.
HCD 2019-20 Manufactured Home and Mobilehome Accomplishments:
- Waived a total of more than $2.6 million in fees and taxes for nearly 3,300 mobilehome owners through the Register Your Mobilehome California program, providing housing stability and peace of mind to families throughout California.
- Conducted 27,729 construction inspections and complaint investigations of mobilehome parks, mobilehomes, manufactured homes, and employee housing facilities.
- Processed 352,765 applications to register and title mobilehomes, manufactured homes, and commercial modulars; completed title searches; and processed other customer requests.
- Implemented a new process that resulted in increased time in the field for mobilehome/park inspectors and reduced time writing reports.
- COVID-19 Response: Protected mobilehome owners by limiting face-to-face interactions at HCD’s various offices, installing drop-boxes, and offering enhancing online services.