Excess Sites Local Government Matching Grants Program (LGMG)
The LGMG program will provide grant-based funding to match certain local government funding for selected developers and local governments for predevelopment and development of affordable housing on excess state sites.
Can't find what you're looking for?
In 2019, Governor Gavin Newsom signed Executive Order N-06-19 authorizing HCD and the Department of General Services (DGS) to locate excess state land suitable for development of affordable housing. The Excess Sites Local Government Matching Grants Program (LGMG) will provide grant-based funding to match certain local government funding for selected developers and local governments for predevelopment and development of affordable housing on excess state sites.
The goals of LGMG are to:
- Accelerating housing production on excess state sites, and
- Facilitating a spirit of collaboration between the state, local governments, and selected developers to meaningfully engage communities for multi-benefit outcomes.
Application Review and Requirements
Submit applications to ExcessSitesMatch@hcd.ca.gov
Deadlines will be listed in the upcoming NOFA.
Application retains direct link to all required documents.
Eligible activities must accelerate housing production and align with state planning priorities.
See the NOFA and guidelines available in March 2022 for more information.
Eligible applicants are limited to selected developers and local governments, i.e., cities, counties, and public housing authorities.
- STD 204 (PDF) — Payee Data Record, required when receiving payment from the State of California in lieu of IRS W-9 or W-7
- Local Government Resolution Template (PDF)
- Standard Agreement Exhibit A (DOC)
- Standard Agreement Exhibit B (DOC)
- Standard Agreement Exhibit D (DOC)
- Standard Agreement Exhibit E (DOC)
- Authorizing Body Resolution (DOC)
Round 2 Timeline
|November 2022||December 2022||February 2023||TBD 2023||TBD 2023|
|NOFA and Application Release||Application Due||Award Announcement||Standard Agreements||Fund Disbursement Requests|
Technical assistance services will be provided for:
- Assistance in meeting threshold requirements
- Direct assistance to applicants
LGMG Listening Session PowerPoint Presentation (PDF) — (January 5, 2022)
Executive Order N-06-19 webpage (DGS) .
Technical Assistance — (Coming soon!)