HCD does not manage properties or place individuals in affordable housing. For assistance, please contact a person in your local community who helps people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness.

For inquiries and questions

Registration and Titling:   
(800) 952-8356   
(800) 735-2929 (TTY)   

Mobilehome Assistance Center (Complaints):   
(800) 952-8356   
(800) 735-2929 (TTY)   

Mobilehome Residency Law Protection Program (MRL Complaints):   
(800) 952-8356   
(800) 735-2929 (TTY)   

Send a question/comment to Codes and Standards


Registration and TitlingP.O. Box 277820, Sacramento, CA 95827-7820
Registration and Titling — Registration RenewalsP.O. Box 26060, Sacramento, CA 95826-0060
Registration and Titling — Requester AccountsP.O. Box 276540, Sacramento, CA 95827-6540
State Housing Law   
Employee Housing   
Mobilehome and Special Occupancy Parks   
Manufactured Housing   
Factory-Built Housing
P.O. Box 278180, Sacramento, CA 95827-8180
Mobilehome Assistance Center   
Mobilehome Residency Law Protection Program   
Occupational Licensing
P.O. Box 278690, Sacramento, CA 95827-8690

Visit HCD

For in-person assistance with registration and titling for your mobilehome/manufactured home visit:

Codes and Standards Main Office9342 Tech Center Drive, Suite 500, Sacramento, CA 95826(800) 952-8356   
(800) 735-2929 (TTY)
Registration and Titling District OfficeCity of El Cajon   
1530 Hilton Head Road, Suite 107   
El Cajon, CA 92019
(619) 441-2326   
(800) 735-2929 (TTY)
City of Riverside   
3737 Main Street, Suite 400   
Riverside, CA 92501
(951) 782-4431   
(800) 735-2929 (TTY)
City of San Luis Obispo   
3220 South Higuera Street, Suite 101A   
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401-6987
(805) 549-3373   
(800) 735-2929 (TTY)

For in-person assistance with modifying your mobilehome/manufactured home, mobilehome park construction, permit requirements, or inspections, visit:

Northern Area Office9342 Tech Center Drive, Suite 550   
Sacramento, CA 95826
(800) 952-8356   
(800) 735-2929 (TTY)   
Southern Area Office3737 Main Street, Suite 400   
Riverside, CA 92501
(800) 952-8356   
(800) 735-2929 (TTY)   


During the COVID-19 health emergency, the area offices are closed to public for purposes of serving subpoenas.

Until further notice, subpoenas should be personally served upon the Legal Affairs Division (LAD) located at 2020 West El Camino, Sacramento, CA 95833.

Process servers are required to check in with the security guard in the lobby and contact LAD at (916) 263-2769. A member of LAD will then meet the process server in the lobby to accept service.

Subpoenas should include a check in the amount set forth in the California Evidence Code and be made payable to the California Department of Housing and Community Development.

For additional assistance, the Subpoena Coordinator can be contacted by email at HCDSubpoena@hcd.ca.gov or by phone at (916) 490-7407.

Language Access Plan

In July 2022, HCD adopted the Language Access Plan (PDF) to provide recommendations, guidance and a consistent department-wide approach to ensuring individuals who receive direct services and benefits from the department are afforded language access services.

The Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) complies with state and federal laws and is committed to ensuring that all customers are provided equal access to all available programs, services, and information.

As part of our commitment to providing inclusive engagement practices, HCD provides the following free:

  • Aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with HCD, such as:
    • Qualified sign language interpreters and real-time captioning
    • Written information in other formats such as braille, large print, audio, accessible electronic formats and other formats
  • Language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:​
    • Qualified interpreters
    • Information written in other languages

If you need these services, contact the program directly.

Language Access Complaints

If you believe HCD has failed to provide language access services, you may file a language access complaint by emailing DEI@hcd.ca.gov.