Mitigation Planning and Public Services
Mitigation Planning and Public Services (MIT-PPS) funds help local governments and nonprofits in impacted areas provide much-needed services after disasters and to better prepare their communities for future disasters.
After consultations with state partner agencies and local stakeholders, HCD identified a need for public education and awareness and planning projects around disaster recovery and disaster mitigation. Funding received for the 2017 and 2018 Community Development Block Grant Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) grants facilitated the Mitigation Planning and Public Services (MIT-PPS) Program to assist local jurisdictions with mitigation-related planning and public services needs to support risk reduction from wildfire, flooding, and earthquake hazards. Eligible jurisdictions and nonprofit entities may use MIT-PPS funds to create projects that address risks to, or across, community lifelines that support human health and safety and provide mitigation for individual and community-based systems.
2017 & 2018 MIT — PPS NOFA
- 2017/2018 CDBG-MIT Planning and Public Services and Resilient Infrastructure Program Notice of Funding Availability — (coming soon)
- 2017 CDBG MIT-PPS Program Policies and Procedures Manual (PDF)
- 2018 CDBG MIT-PPS Program Policies and Procedures Manual (PDF)
- 2017/2018 MIT-PPS Authorizing Resolution: Jurisdictions (PDF)
- 2017/2018 MIT-PPS Authorizing Resolution: Nonprofits (PDF)
- 2017 Authorizing Resolution: Tribal Entities (PDF)
- 2018 Authorizing Resolution: Tribal Entities (PDF)
Please Note: These documents have been remediated with regard to accessibility in order to meet applicable State law. As a result of the remediation process, the appearance of the document may be slightly different than the original executed hard copy, however, remediation does not and will not change any verbiage of the signed agreement, so the version posted on this website is identical in deliverables, milestones, terms, and conditions to the non-remediated version. Should an electronic scanned copy of the original executed document be needed, please send your request to us at the following email address: DisasterRecovery@hcd.ca.gov.
- County of Butte:
- City of Clearlake:
- Interface Children & Family Services:
- County of Mendocino:
- City of Moorpark:
- City of Petaluma:
- Santa Barbara County:
- City of San Buenaventura:
- City of Santa Rosa:
- County of Sonoma:
- County of Ventura:
- County of Yuba: