License Search, Exams, and Course Providers

Anyone wishing to become a manufactured home, mobilehome, or multifamily manufactured home (collectively referred to as “MH-units”) or commercial modular dealer or salesperson in California must obtain and maintain an active HCD license.  

To become an HCD licensee that is authorized to deal or sell MH-units or commercial modulars, you must pass an HCD-administered exam and complete preliminary education courses. You will also need to complete continuing education courses to maintain your HCD license.  

Use HCD’s online occupational licensing (OL) search database to find information on HCD occupational licensee status. Below you will find information about OL exams to become an MH-unit or commercial modular salesperson or dealer, including preparatory materials and scheduling information. Also, you may find information about preliminary and continuing education course providers, including vendor contact information, course listings, and locations.

This online status inquiry feature is a service primarily for consumers, but may be used by complainants, course providers, HCD staff, etc. Before accessing the information, you must first agree to use the online search database. Below is the agreement and the list of information that can be disclosed to the public when checking the status of an MH-unit or commercial modular manufacturer, dealer, and salesperson (including 90-Day Certificate Holders).


By clicking on "I Agree" below, I am requesting that the California Department of Housing and Community Development provide me with the general business information described in California Code of Regulations, title 25, section 5071.

I Agree

Section 5071. Disclosure of Information Regarding License Status

(a) Upon receipt of written request, the department may disclose to any member of the public, the following license status information which is on record with the department:

  1. Licensee's name, including all fictitious or business names
  2. License number
  3. Business address and telephone number
  4. Names of all principals and offices held
  5. Date of original licensure
  6. Date such license expires, expired, lapsed or was terminated and, if applicable, the reason for termination
  7. If the licensee is a salesperson, the name of the employing dealer and any information about the employer as listed above

Out-of-Date Information

The information available in the online Occupational License Search database is updated once every working day. If the license information you are searching for is not listed today, please check again soon.

Note to licensees: If your license record reflects information which is no longer current, notify the OL Program immediately by calling (800) 952-8356 or emailing  to request forms to update the specific changes to your license. Staff will not make the changes based on a phone call or email. Failure to maintain accurate licensee information may result in administrative action and/or penalties.

California Department of Real Estate

You should also check with the California Department of Real Estate (DRE) to determine if an individual or business is licensed by DRE. DRE brokers and salespersons can sell used manufactured homes and mobilehomes that have previously been sold or placed on a foundation system. You can check DRE licenses at DRE license search.

HCD administers exams for MH-unit or CM dealer or salesperson licenses at HCD’s Codes and Standards Main Office in Sacramento and at three (3) HCD Registration and Titling District Offices. The exams are multiple choice and cover the requirements of the laws and/or regulations specific to the type of license the applicant is requesting.

Some documents that may be helpful in preparing for the Occupational Licensing examination include:

Dealer ExamsSalesperson Exams
$110 fee  
75 multiple choice questions  
2 hours to complete  
minimum 70 percent passing score
$86 fee  
50 multiple choice questions  
1.5 hours to complete  
minimum 70 percent passing score

A complete list of Occupational Licensing fees may be found in California Code of Regulations, title 25, section 5040.

Schedule an Exam

Appointments are required to take an exam. Contact the Occupational Licensing Program to schedule your exam.

Contact: (800) 952-8356 or

Exam LocationsTesting Time
Southern Area Office  
3737 Main Street, Suite 400  
Riverside, CA 92501  
Street Map *
Monday — Friday  
8:30 a.m. — 2:30 p.m.
Codes and Standards Main Office  
9342 Tech Center Drive, Suite 500  
Sacramento, CA 95826  
Street Map *
Monday — Friday  
8:00 a.m. — 2:00 p.m.
El Cajon District Office  
1530 Hilton Head Road, Suite 107  
El Cajon, CA 92019  
Street Map *
Monday — Friday  
9:00 a.m. — 2:30 p.m.
San Luis Obispo District Office  
3220 South Higuera Street, Suite 101A  
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401  
Street Map *
Monday — Friday  
9:00 a.m. — 2:30 p.m.

* The maps to our offices listed above are provided by "Google Maps." The products and services advertised are not promoted or endorsed by the California Department of Housing and Community Development.

Important Note: Preliminary education (PE) and continuing education (CE) requirements do not apply to any manufacturer, commercial modular dealer, or commercial modular salesperson. These requirements apply to manufactured home, mobilehome, and multifamily manufactured home (collectively referred to as “MH-units”) salespersons and dealers.

Prior to taking the HCD exam for an MH-unit salesperson or dealer license, and prior to the license renewal for an existing MH-unit salesperson or dealer license, the applicant or licensee must provide evidence of completion of the required PE or CE courses. Credits claimed are verified by Occupational Licensing staff to ensure that the required education was obtained by the applicant or licensee. The courses offered by HCD-approved course providers are listed below.

Every PE or CE course provider must submit an application to HCD for approval of their qualifications to become a course provider and for their courses.

PE and CE courses must include curriculum providing instruction in laws and regulations governing a variety of manufactured housing topics; including warranties, escrow, purchase documents, advertising, misrepresentations, and registration and titling as prescribed in HCD’s Occupational Licensing regulations.

The following course providers and courses are approved by the California Department of Housing and Community Development.

California Manufactured Housing Education

ED 500
Huntington Beach and San Jose


California Manufactured Housing Education
10092 Birchwood Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
(714) 897-0046
Approval #HoursType*Title
500-016PEPreliminary Licensing Education
500-213CLAdvertising and Misrepresentation
500-313CLRegistration and Titling
500-413CLPurchase Documents
500-613CLMobilehome Residency Law and Mobilehome Parks Act
500-836CLLaws & Regulations Governing Manufactured Housing and Sales

Grebrin Education Center

ED 1068196


Grebrin Education Center
4433 Florin Road, Suite 810
Sacramento, CA 95823
(916) 231-9973
Grebrin Education
Approval #HoursType*Title
1068196-016PEPreliminary Licensing Education
1068196-213CLAdvertising and Misrepresentation
1068196-313CLRegistration and Titling
1068196-412CLPurchase Documents
1068196-614CLMobilehome Residency Law and Mobilehome Parks Act
1068196-816CLLaws and Regulations Governing Manufactured Housing and Sales
1068196-912CLDealer, Salesperson Ethics
1068196-1013CLManufactured/Mobilehome Tax

Robert E Schauer DBA Powerflex Licensing

ED 1242938
Signal Hill
Robert E Schauer DBA Powerflex Licensing
2420 E. 28TH Street, #11
Signal Hill, CA 90755
(562) 595-6190
Approval #HoursType*Title
1242938-016CLPreliminary Licensing Education
1242938-212CLAdvertising and Misrepresentation
1242938-313CLRegistration and Titling
1242938-412CLPurchase Documents
1242938-616CLMobilehome Residency Law and Mobilehome Parks Act
1242938-816CLLaws and Regulations Governing Manufactured Housing and Sales

New World Enterprises, Inc

ED 1286473
New World Enterprises, Inc
30031 Westlake Drive
Menifee, CA 92584
(909) 794-3114
Approval #HoursType*Title
1286473-016PEPreliminary Education
1286473-212CLAdvertising and Misrepresentation
1286473-312CLRegistration and Titling
1286473-412CLPurchase Documents
1286473-616CLMobilehome Residency Law and Mobilehome Parks Act
1286473-816CLLaws and Regulations Governing Manufactured Housing and Sales


PE = Preliminary Education
CC = Continuing Education Classroom with Challenge Exam Option
CL = Continuing Education Classroom
CO = Continuing Education Correspondence
Note: Course Provider information and locations may change, so it is recommended that you contact the Course Provider for the most current information.