CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program — for Local Governments, Tribes, and Utilities
This page is for local governments within California seeking Emergency Rental Assistance Funds under California Senate Bill (SB) 91 — from California’s State Rental Assistance Program and/or a block grant.
If you are a tenant (renter) or landlord looking for rental assistance, please visit HousingIsKey.com .
- General Information and Guidance (PDF)
- Rental Assistance Program Reservation Table (PDF) — Includes options selected by each jurisdiction and allocation amounts (Updated 07-27-2021)
- Rental Assistance Program Reservation Table 2 (PDF)
- Program Clarifications for Non-Entitlement Jurisdictions (PDF)
- Tenant Nonparticipation (and Rental Protections) Guidance (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Local Governments (PDF)
Documents for localities with populations over 200,000:
- Option A
- Data collection — Memo (PDF)
- Data collection — Template (XLS)
- Authorizing Resolution Template for Option A (DOC) — Locality Money (State Administration)
- Standard Agreement
- Standard Agreement — Processing Guidance for Option A (PDF)
- Sample Standard Agreement exhibits/documents for Option A
- Option B
- Document Checklist for Conforming Option B Localities (PDF)
- Authorizing Resolution Template for Option B (DOC) — Locality Money (Locality Administration)
- Standard Agreement
- Standard Agreement — Processing Guidance for Option B (PDF)
- Sample Standard Agreement exhibits/documents for Option B
- Option C
Northern Circle Indian Housing Authority and HCD hosted a Tribal Listening Session on February 25, 2021 for tribes and tribally designated housing entities that applied for US Treasury Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) funding and may be interested in participating in the State’s program. View recording (YouTube).
HCD hosted an Interactive Listening Session on March 11, 2021 for utility providers and partners interested in learning more about how to interface with the State’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program application process. View recording (YouTube) View presentation slides (PDF).