This page contains information and resources for in-contract grantees to perform reporting requirements and request disbursement of funds. For any questions regarding a disbursement of funds or in regards to your Program requirements after execution of your Standard Agreement, please contact your assigned State Grant Management Representative or Homekey2SGM@hcd.ca.gov.
Funds can be requested for disbursement after the Standard Agreement has been fully executed and approved by the Department unless the Standard Agreement specifies conditions precedent to disbursement.
In addition to the specific conditions for disbursement set by your Standard Agreement, the Department requires a certification of California’s prevailing wage law (NOFA §506), a Department-approved Relocation Plan or Department-issued Certification Regarding Non-Application of Relocation Benefits and Indemnification Agreement (NOFA §504), and evidence of insurance (NOFA §800), to be on file before disbursement of Homekey award funds. We encourage Grantees to submit these forms to Homekey2SGM@hcd.ca.gov as early as possible to prevent potential delays in receiving award funds.
- Request for Funds Form (XLS) — last updated 11/22/2022
- Statement of Assurances of State Prevailing Wage (PDF) — last updated 12/21/2021
- Evidence of Insurance Checklist (PDF)
- Budget Flexibility Form (XLS) — last updated 2/8/2022. Fill out this form if you plan to use a capital expenditure award for your project’s operating costs, or an operating award to fund a capital expenditure per NOFA Section 209.
- Requesting a Wire Transfer for Acquisition (PDF) — last updated 03/03/2022. Please review this guide if you are planning to request a wire transfer of acquisition award funds directly to an escrow company.
Once you receive your executed Standard Agreement, please refer to it to determine any additional pre-disbursement requirements.
Grantees shall submit an annual Homekey Program and Expenditure Report to the Department for five years on January 31 of each year following Standard Agreement execution. Additionally, the Grantee shall submit to the Department such periodic reports, updates, and information as deemed necessary by the Department to monitor compliance and/or perform program evaluation.
Each time a milestone is completed, fill out the Milestone Reporting sections of the report and extension workbook and submit the forms to Homekey2SGM@hcd.ca.gov or your grant representative to notify the Department.
If you require an extension to any of the milestone deadlines or must notify the Department of other project changes, fill out the relevant sections of the workbook to explain the circumstances and provide new completion dates if applicable. Requests for deadline extensions are subject to Department approval.
- Milestone Report and Extension Request Workbook (PDF) — last updated 3/14/2023
- Annual Report Form (XLSM) — Last Updated 1/11/2023. Due January 31 of the year following Standard Agreement Execution.
- Interim to Permanent Conversion Notice (XLS) — Last Updated 3/6/2023. Submit this form to notice the Department that your project is preparing to convert from interim to permanent housing.
- Homekey Conversion and Relocation Guidance (PDF)
All completed forms should be submitted to your assigned State Grant Management Representative or to Homekey2SGM@hcd.ca.gov.